Bidvest Bank personal banking is a great way to take control of your financial needs both immediate and long-term. Although Bidvest is most commonly associated with foreign exchange services, this bank has extended is services to now include a wide range of personal banking solutions to help you have the best financial record you could. They believe that by getting your immediate or short term finances under control you can then start the process of formulating successful long term plans.
As mentioned above, there are a number of Bidvest Bank personal banking services on offer to you.
These include the following:
- Bidvest Bank Account – This account offers you the opportunity to save on unnecessary fees as they charge up to a maximum of R72 on transaction fees. This bank account includes free cash withdrawals from any Bidvest ATM and free Internet banking. This is therefore the ideal banking solution for those of you who are looking to save as much as you can. The only catch to this account is that you need to have at least R50 in the account at all times in order for it to remain active.
- Bidvest Call Account – This account offers you a great interest rate and an unlimited investment period. This means that you can leave your money sitting in the bank and let it do some work for you, without you having to lift a finger. Unlike other banks with similar types of accounts, you can access the money in the account faster. However you do need to deposit a minimum of R1000 in order to qualify for one of these accounts. The interest rate on the account is determined daily and then capitalised monthly depending on the amount of money sitting in the account.
- Notice Deposit Account – This is the best account for short term investments as the interest rates on this type of account are adjusted in order to align with any changes in the Prime Lending Rate. As with the call account the interest is calculated daily and capitalised monthly, however access to the money in this type of account is different of that of the call account. Money is accessible after the notice period has lapsed however you can add money to the account whenever you feel like it. This account’s minimum deposit is a little bit steeper than its counterparts as a minimum deposit of R5000 is required in order to open this type of account.
- Fixed Deposit Account – As per the notice deposit account, a R5000 minim deposit is required to open this account. In addition, this account is great for short term investors. The only difference is that this account offers a fixed interest rate. The only catch to this is that funds may only be invested for up to 12 months after opening the account. This is a great account to have if you have a large sum of money to deposit and only want to earn interest on it. Interest can either be accumulated and paid out in a lump sum upon closure of the account or it can be paid to the account holder monthly. So if you have ever thought of what you would do if you won the Euro Millions, this is a good idea for you as you could just live off of the interest and not actually spend the money in the account.
- Foreign Currency Account – This is the perfect account for those of you who are looking to invest foreign currency in the country. Depending on the currency you wish to invest with i.e British Pound, U.S Dollars and any other currency for that matter, you will earn interest in that currency. If you however are looking to invest money internationally, this account will provide you with assistance in doing so and with the bank of your choice.
So if you are shopping around for a new bank because you current one doesn’t provide you with the service that you expect, why not visit a Bidvest branch today and find the perfect bank account to suit your needs?